Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Shack Star 'H'

The late 1990's saw a remarkable flowering of British musical talent. Think about it: there was S Club 7; Hearsay and, of course, Steps. I think every sane commentator would agree that Steps are the pick of the bunch. Not least because they showcased the remarkable talent that is 'H'.


That's 'H' at the top of the picture, in the centre (good ole H, always at the heart of the fun!). Ya gotta love H. He's a right chirpy little chap, and he could throw some shapes. He had, if you'll excuse the pun, the Steps (stop laughing Uncle Lucy, it's not that hilarious!) Last week I went out on to the streets of London, in order to capture what the British public think of him. Here's what I found:

DeBunkem: 'What d'ya think of H from Steps?'
Anon: 'Yoo Englees an yor fuckin bacon an eggs!'
DeBunkem:
'What d'ya think of H from Steps?'
Mandy: 'Ooo, I'd put im in between two bitsa bread an eat him all up I would - he's lurvely, innee!'
DeBunkem:
'Excuse me Sir, what d'ya think of H from Steps?'
Right Wing politician, John Redwood: 'I have to say, I am an S Club 7 man myself. I like Hannah... so sweet and blonde. She'll make some lucky chap a smashing little wife...'

DeBunkem: 'What d'ya think of H from Steps?'
Homeless Person: 'He's a right c... arghh... gnuffn... what ya doin' ya nutter...
I fink he's great. Very talented. Wonderful dancer... is that alright? Can I go now?'

Yes, admittedly I did place that last chap in a head-lock, just as they taught me to do in my Journalism degree; but at least we got an honest opinion out of him in the end. I think you'll agree with me, that H is friggin brilliant, and we love him here in The Weedy Shack.


H looking well sultry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Egad, he's a communist!

Anonymous said...

CRACKERJACK!

DeBunkem said...

All hail H.
I look forward to a time when H and Hannah from s club are bred together to produce the first ever all-singing, all-dancing rich tea biscuit
Dan With DeBunkem

Gaz said...

I think he's a bit of a left footer,why else would he want to leave a group with 3 fit chicks

DeBunkem said...

Gazza,
Good to hear from ya mate. Look, H is all man, right enough. A proper little Welsh Testosterone bomb, and make no mistake. I watched a documentary about him going to drama school, following the break up of the band. One of the funniest things I've seen in ages!
~ DeBunkem

Jingo said...

Didn't he audition for band made up of men in drag? Some reality TV show...